Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Toymaker's Sketchbook - 117 drawings in 64 seconds

This is the little movie that I put together for yesterday's school visit to show my sketchbook. The music is by by a Swedish Electronica band called DetektivbyrĂ„n (The Detective Agency) Their music makes for happy drawing. 

.


.

The school visit was an utter delight. The kids, teachers and parents were all so kind and charming. I was terrified beyond words yesterday morning, not knowing what the day would hold... but oddly enough it went really well and a splendid time was had by all. (especially me. ) <3

.

Marilyn.

--

I paint my own reality.

The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to,

and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.
 ~ Frida Kahlo 

5 comments:

  1. that music perks the spirit.=) your drawings are charming and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa Clarkson-FarrellFebruary 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM

    wonderful I am passing this along to a feind who is struggling with drawing koalas today

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there were not thousands of miles between us I would ask you for drawing lessons. I like your colour sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Marilyn! What a lovely little film! Do I see a future animation project...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many styles for many projects and all still you. Lovely way to present them. (Thanks for new toys in newsletter last week too!)

    ReplyDelete