Sunday, March 25, 2012

Color study on a rainy day.

It's a cold, rainy day and I've been living it up, installing new printer drivers and trying to get my scanner give me better results. This was my test drawing that I colored up after scanning.



I'm also messing around with textures and different colors.

Wow, it's raining hard. And windy. Good day to be indoors.

Marilyn

--


“May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all your heart might desire.”

7 comments:

  1. Nice textures! Fun thing to do for a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you draw free hand and scan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I like the look of pencil on paper then I color in Photoshop. Sometimes I do old school watercolor but mostly on the computer because I can tweak the levels and play more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish I knew how to do that! Very cool (both literally and figuratively)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like he belongs to the Dickensian era?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top hat is definitely Victorian. Though my kid has a top hat that he wears all the time to gaming tournaments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm amazed that this isn't watercolour! I'm familiar with Photoshop but I don't think I could get such organic, natural-looking texture out of it. You really have an awesome technique!

    ReplyDelete